Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Visualizing Success

(Part Two of Series "Agility Training for the Cancer Registrar)

Visualizing success, or turning dreams into reality, is a creative process that puts your focus and energies into looking ahead. Creative visualization is a technique that you can use to help you with this process. In the first part of our series on “Agility Training for Cancer Registrars,” we talked about visualizing success as part of meeting the challenges in life and business. In this session we will learn how to visualize success and turns dreams into reality!

To turn your dreams into reality and to be truly successful depends on several factors:
  • Having a specific goal,
  • Making sure that you really want to achieve that goal,
  • Having a clear mental picture of your goal,
  • Being motivated or having a strong desire or need to achieve the goal,
  • Developing the ability to disregard, or even walk away from negative thoughts or talk that take you away from that goal,
  • Showing confidence, faith and persevering until you achieve success.
Imaging having your own personal genie in a bottle to fulfill your every dream or desire. When you develop the techniques and begin to practice creative visualization you are tapping into your personal genie. Focusing on the end result, thinking and acting in a positive manner and not letting negativity (yours or anyone else’s) get in the way will empower you to continue on your journey.

Each morning I write out my “to do” list for the day on a 4x6 index card. On the right-hand side of the card I write my vision statement for my business. On the left-hand side I write down the most important things I need to do that day that will take me closer to my vision and goal. Then, I focus on the action steps and on completing the tasks that will help me reach my goal. By taking it one day at a time I know I will be successful. No one can deter me from this because I see my dream getting closer each and every day.

Discover what you need to do to visualize your dream and then, one day at a time, do something that takes you one step closer. Practice visualizing that success in your mind, focus on the positive, take action, even if only in small steps, and you will see your dreams come true!

(You have permission to use, repost, republish or reprint this article only if you give credit back to the author and a link back to this original website.  We take unauthorized use of our content very seriously and appreciate you giving credit where it is due.)

No comments: